Scribbles on the Page
Welcome to the disembodied ramblings of a stark raving mad lunatic (oxymoron? double negative? you be the judge). Over time, these pages will take form as I add to them, mostly in the form of an e-zine which has been many years in the works. If anyone is interested, perhaps I'll write a short history, when I'm feeling egotistical (which is quite often when I write--but one must have quite an ego to think that one's words are worth anyone else's time and effort to read and comprehend).
Some points of interest so far:
- A List of People: As the name implies, a list of people, friends from the internet for the most part, some of whom I haven't seen in ages. If any of you are reading these pages, drop a line sometime.
- An article: Something I dug out and dusted off after about 4 years or so after reading some articles on the internet, one of my internet buddies hinted that she wanted to read this, so I typed it up and decided to run with it for a while. As I go along, I will expand on various points that get brought up in this piece. This piece was written in about 45 minutes or so in the car on the road from Columbus Ohio to Cleveland Ohio. It's very rough and I wanted to clean it up a bit before posting it here, but decided against it. I have changed a lot since it was written, for the better I hope, but there's quite a bit about this article which still remains true, and probably always will.
- Expatriate Embassy Radio -- A little project in online radio. Currently, the only "show" is Ayche's Demolished Sanctuary. I have some thoughts for other shows in the future.
- Family History -- Some pages on my family history (all of this was compiled by my dad, I keep meaning to do something with it, but haven't done so yet. Some of it does make for interesting reading.
- Bantry Bay -- I used to host the website for Bantry Bay, an irish folk group from Milwaukee. There website has moved over here. If you are in the neighborhood, rumour has it that they might be appearing at the 2006 Milwaukee Irish Fest.
- The Anti-"Blog" -- Perhaps this shall be my foray into the world of self-publishing online. It kind of ties into the Expatriate Embassy. Maybe the two will be more closely tied as time goes on, audio as well as written content. It's quite a self-indulgent piece at the moment, maybe later it won't be quite so vain.
- Des Moines Céilí Group
Anyhow, enjoy, come back from time to time to see what other craziness I can come up with. In the end this will be a full blown e-zine. If you feel inspired to contribute, let me know what you are interested in writing about. In fact I encourage people to contribute there thoughts, no matter how off the wall. Remember tho two rules. The first is simple, don't send anything to me until you have asked (via email) and two, I do not have to post everything that I get. This is not a full time job (yet), so may not always have as much time to put into it as I would like, it will be rough.
As I said, enjoy and thanks for stopping by.